An Introduction to Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils (also known as volatile oils) in various applications to assist the body’s natural ability to balance, regulate, and heal. In recent years, essential oils and Aromatherapy have become increasingly popular, and with increased popularity there has also been an increase in misinformation and unsafe use. This 2-day workshop is a comprehensive introduction to the world of Aromatherapy, and is designed to promote the safe and effective use of essential oils, and to provide participants with a basic foundational knowledge to continue the exploration of Aromatherapy on their own.
Various topics will be covered such as:
• The history of essential oils - how they came to be.
• Extraction methods - how they are made.
• Methods of application - how to use them therapeutically.
• Blending techniques - how to blend for various products.
• Chemotypes - what are they and why they are important.
• Main chemical constituents - what they can tell us about an oil.
• Quality criteria - what to look for in a quality oil.
• Safety and precautions - how to use essential oils safely.
• Essential oil profiles - learn about 12+ individual essential oils, their properties, and experience their fragrance.
Hand-outs will be provided.
Some basic knowledge and understanding of plant medicine is recommended, but not required.
October 21st and 28th 2017
Saturday 9:30am to 4:30pm
dRAW heART STUDIO
#324 - 1175 Cook Street (View)
$175 - early bird registration until September 1st, 2017
$200 - after September 1st
Cash, Cheque, or E-transfer
To register contact Alexis at 250-216-5355 or by email email@example.com
There is a $30 non-refundable cancellation fee.
Offering medicine as beautifully complex as you are.
Photography by Alexis N.S. Hennig (www.beyondwhatyousee.com)